donderdag 4 september 2014

I'm not back - just visiting

I just wish I could have known you
Like I know my dearest friends
No wait, maybe I just hoped,
it would never end

That one night,
was a night like in my dreams
At least when we were together,
when we had just met
Not when our ways parted,
that is the part that I regret.

The promise of seeing you once more
Was one that did not stand
It just seems like bad luck
got the upper hand

Never judge a book by its cover
You taught me that
Yet I only wanted your embrace
to hold me close instead
To tuck me in, calm my mind, and simply hold me tight
Yet here I am
alone,
tonight.

I don’t even care
If you ruined my fantasy
When you would not have been
The man I thought you’d be
At least then I would have known
You and all your flaws
At least then I could stop wondering:

“what if he was …”

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten